APPLICATION SUPPORT ANALYST
• University degree in computer science or the equivalent;
• Three years or more of related experience in a technical support role for complex software applications;
• Outage Management and Workforce Management System knowledge is an asset;
• Proven software installation, configuration and troubleshooting skills;
• Knowledge of Windows environments, Oracle, Visual Basic and SQL;
• Knowledge of the System Development Life Cycle
• Experience with relational database concepts;
• Experience with web and client server application support;
• Experience with IT Infrastructure technologies and concepts (Windows Server, Networking, Virtual environments);
• Ability to establish and maintain strong client relationships;
• Organized approach and respects target dates and schedules;
• Team player with leadership skills
• Driver’s license and car is required.
• Work is located onsite in Barrie, Ontario
The role is responsible for:
• Provide SECOND and THIRD line support for mission critical business applications.
• Ensure quality services are delivered and performed to the agreed SLA’s ensuring expectations are achieved or exceeded.
• Minimise service disruption and the facilitation of service restoration within agreed SLA’s.
• Take ownership of the issue reported to support and act as the final point of technical escalation application issues, diagnosing root cause.
• Lead Root Cause Analysis activities to successfully identify root causes of problems for all P1 and P2 reported to support.
• Proactively identify problem trends and known error conditions and work towards a permanent solution and/or work with the core team to implement a permanent solution.
• Provide specialist professional advice and support throughout in relation to the support of all of our customers.
• Provide specialist professional advice and support throughout in relation to the support of all applications under CGI control.
• Undertake planning in relation to application system upgrades, new releases and migration to new systems both on customer side and our copy of environment.
• Implement new releases of application software, capturing end user requirements and configuring, testing and integrating as necessary.
• Develop and maintain Application Support standards and procedures and other documentation as required.
• Produce deliverable quality to a level that enables effective delivery of agreed changes.
• Produce specifications and designs for information systems and their components to meet defined business needs, retaining compatibility with enterprise and solution architectures.
• Design, create, test and document any change from supplied specifications in accordance with agreed standards (P5).
• Develop, implement and report the findings of suitable test schedules to measure and
• Improve the quality for solutions being deployed, to ensure that the amended systems, configurations, packages, or services, together with any interfaces, perform as specified.
• Integrate and test components and/or subsystems and their interfaces.
• Transfer application knowledge and associated documentation to the team, to facilitate support for new and upgraded solutions.
• Facilitate a productive relationship with and between key resources, during the planning management and implementation of business change.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that business application support documentation is maintained.
• Communicate your colleagues to coordinate the work for the development, testing and implementation of new or upgraded business modules or solutions (P5).
• Capturing end user requirements and configuring, testing and integrating as necessary
• Support and maintain the customer environment infrastructure which under responsibility and reporting any changed requirements.
• Provide estimates for scope of works and associated resourcing requirements for support issue planning purposes.
• Identify project or change related risks and escalate project or change issues in a timely manner
• Follow the agreed architecture, design patterns and the software development methodology.
• Ensuring the availability and reliability of mission critical business applications and database infrastructure, this was supporting application.
• Developing and maintaining suitable training and documentation for applications, data structure and integration facilities and services.
Standard requirements attached to the job:
• All individuals are expected to be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to their job and may be asked to perform other duties which reasonably correspond to the general character of their job and their level of responsibility.
• All individuals are expected to maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job and participate in appropriate learning and development activities.
• To recognise safety is a responsibility of every individual, to take reasonable care to be complying with Safety policies and any service specific procedures/rules that apply to the job.
• All individuals are expected to carry out their duties and responsibilities having regard to the Company’s commitment to providing a customer focused service.
At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 68,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.